Delight in the Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival
If you love fine dining and delicious drinks, you absolutely don’t want to miss a minute of this four-day-and-night culinary celebration. Now in its fifth year, the Wine & Food Festival Cancún – Riviera Maya features exclusive tastings, dinners, seminars, and cooking classes with 20+ of the best chefs from every corner of Mexico, April 27th through May 1st. Easily the most important event of its kind in the Cancún area, it’s also among the largest foodie fests in all of Caribbean.
A Treat for All Senses
Nearly every Wine & Food Festival happening has a delectable soundtrack of live Latin music, acoustic instruments, or a DJ spinning tunes today’s hits. As you plan your itinerary and buy your tickets in advance (which we highly advise you do), consider these standouts:
- Dinner Tribute to Chef Alejandro Ruiz (April 28th, 8pm) – Honoring one of Mexico’s most beloved culinary masters, lucky diners are treated to a Champagne cocktail, Oaxacan Mezcal, and an authentic five-course dinner with wine pairings from Casa Madero.
- Cooking Class & Lunch (April 29th & 30th, 11am-3pm) – Join world-class Mexican chefs as they guide you through preparing a four-course meal, which you’ll enjoy with paired wine immediately afterward.
- Cancún Barcelona Tribute Dinner (April 29th, 8pm) – For this mouthwatering journey across the Atlantic, three renowned Spanish chefs (two of which have received Michelin stars) craft a very special menu alongside three of Mexico’s finest.
- Star Chefs Dinner (April 30th, 8pm) – Twenty Mexican chefs present their very own signature odes to national treasures like molé, al pastor, and flan, perfectly paired with mezcal cocktails, coffee, and beer.
- Gourmet Tasting Village (April 30th & May 1st, 1-5pm) – It all comes down to this: the festival’s flagship event, an “all-you-can-taste” gourmet Mexican food and drink paradise.