With so many great restaurants in Cancun, it can be difficult to choose the perfect one. So I decide to make a big list of restaurants in Cancun by category, I hope these suggestions can help to know if you want something romantic, more like mexican, italian, I add my personal recommendations of restaurants in Cancun and more.
My Favorite Restaurants in Cancun
Here are my personal recommendations for you according to my own experience and tastes.
– Porfirio’s – this is my favorite of all mexican restaurants in Cancun, I love the atmosphere, the music, the service and the view, you’ll never get bored here. They play mexican music like Alejandro Fernandez or Luis Miguel, while you are eating every half hour the mariachis start playing one or 2 mexican songs, at afternoon is a very mexican-fancy restaurant and at night is more like a nice bar. The “mazapan or nutela mezcal” are delicious if you like sweets, if you like tacos the “Chamorro al horno” and “Carnitas de Pulpo” are my favorite dishes.
(prices vary between $20 – $50 per person)
Hotel Zone, Blvd. Kukulcan Km 14.2 Tel.8406040
Open: Sunday 1pm-10pm // Monday-Saturday 1pm-1am
– Marakame, I like this place for the decoration, the sofas in the second floor are the best spot. The juices are huge and delicious. I recommend you to go at the afternoon, and take the snack table with cheese and wine. They play live music every Thursday night.
(prices vary between $15 – $30 usd per person)
Here you can find out where to take that special someone for a romantic meal on Valentine’s Day or a special date, all of these restaurants have excellent atmosphere.
– Puerto Madero, the view is beautiful and they have an excellent service, this is one of my favorite restaurants in Cancun for a romantic dinner.
(prices vary between $25 – $60 usd per person)
Hotel Zone, Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 14.1
TEL. 885-2827, 885-2829 – 31 Open Daily 1pm-1am
– Lorenzillo’s, very romantic place of seafood, next to the lagoon. I recommend you to go at sunset, so you can have a beautiful and romantic view. Rockefeller oysters are delicious.
(prices vary between $50 – $100 usd per person)
Hotel Zone, Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 10.5
Tel. 883-1254 or 883-3088 Open Daily 1PM -12:30AM
– La Habichuela, great service and a beautiful view. The food is delicious and they also have a mayan show! On the outside there is a place for a romantic dinner, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
(Prices vary between $20 – $60 per person)
– Casa Rolandi, beautiful view and every Valentine’s Day they have a special dinner and a great singer.
Av. Kukulcan Km. 13.5 | Marina Blue Ray / Side Lagoon Open Daily 1pm-1am
Phone +52 998 883 2557
More private and romantic
– Thai, make a reservation with time to have dinner in a private table over the water, very romantic and beautiful.
(Prices vary between $25 – $60 per person)
– Casitas at Ritz-Carlton, here you can have a very private, fancy and romantic dinner in a beautiful palapa next to the ocean, this is ideal for a couple on Valentines Day in Cancun. The reservation of the palapa costs $150
(prices vary between $60 – $130 per person)
Romantic Dinner on a Boat
Take a romantic sunset trip in a Spanish galleon in the lagoon with lobster dinner and live sax music. More Info
Simple, Cozy and Delicious Restaurants in Cancun
– Pescado Ciego, this is perfect for a delicious local seafood lunch, the atmosphere is very special and nice. People treat you well and make you feel at home.
(prices vary between $10 – $30)
– El Tigre y El Toro, the decor is very cute with creative details, it is ideal for a casual valentines dinner.
(prices vary between $10 – $25)
– Vino Tinto, I like the pasta and the salads here, the atmosphere is great here. My mom and my sister went the last Valentines day to this restaurant in Cancun.
(prices vary between $15 – $30)
– La Fonda del Zancudo, a place full of vegetation and beautiful lighting. The food is simple and delicious cocktails are delicious, perfect for dinner on valentines day with your date.
(Prices vary between $8 – $25 per person)