In this article I will show you some interesting facts about the world’s famous city of Amsterdam.
2. There are more bikes than people in AmsterdamThere is no better way than the bicycle to experience and explore this fabulous city. Also this may be probably why one of the most stolen items in Amsterdam are bikes. Around 100,000 bikes get stolen per year.
5. English is the city second official language
Almost everyone can speak and understand English in Amsterdam.
6. Amsterdam offers a diverse palett of hotels
And if you are staying in a hotel in Amsterdam, you can find your airport transportation right now.
8. Amsterdam was originally a fishing villageIt was founded as a fishing village around the thirteenth century. Only few medieval buildings survive today, like the Old and New Churches and the Houten Huis (Wooden House) at the Begijnhof.
9. Locals don’t use blinds or curtains in their houses
When you walk around the city, specially at night, it’s shocking to see so many street level houses with big windows fully illuminated which doesn’t have any kind of privacy.
10. There are 165 canals These waterways add up to more than 100 kilometers or about 60 miles. The Seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam inside the Singelgracht became part of the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2010.